Everyone (including us!) who has a Website or a Blog wants to get hundreds of visits every day, generate leads that convert into customers, have other companies contact them for joint ventures, brands to call them for projects and so on…but as all of us know, it’s not as easy as it sounds. Like all other mass media success is measured in numbers, the more visits you get the better, especially if they turn into new business.
These are some of the many tactics that can be implemented to bring traffic your way, a lot of the magic happens by mixing tactics up, you should experiment different formulas until you find the one that works for your specific target audience.
- First thing on the list is optimize your website in accordance with Google’s SEO parameters, aim to appear among the first results whenever a keyword related to your business or area or expertise is sought.
- Then you should focus on improving readability for your visitors, make their experience while visiting your site an enjoyable one, this comes from having an understanding of your users, what they need, value, their online abilities and their limitations without forgetting your business goals and objectives. Navigation should be easy and visitors must be able to find what they need in a comfortable manner.
- Go social with your site, use these channels to promote your content. Take the time to create a social media marketing plan and implement it, the results will be worthwhile.
- Make sure your site is responsive to all screen-sizes. As discussed by us before, this is very important.
- Create interesting quality content, this one is key especially if you have a Blog. Content is king, focus on your target audience and on topics that can really engage them.
- Include engaging visual content and, if it applies to your niche, videos. People engage more with images, infographics, videos, and the like. It’s a powerful tool to capture readers’ attention and get them connected.
- Confirm that your site loads fast, would you wait more than a few seconds for a website to load? No one does anymore and if yours is slow, people will leave before it even finishes loading. Make sure it’s as technically optimized as possible with the right image file sizes. The faster, the better.
- Don’t Give Up, it will take time, maybe a lot. So, have fun with it, experiment, keep testing, do A/B trials and learn both from failure and success.